If you want to know what to study or what are the best courses to be a CANINE ADVISER, in this entry we show you everything you need to know about a professional profile in the rise, with a great potential for development and that can be really rewarding. Before going on to analyze what to study or how to be a dog trainer, we will perform an in-depth analysis on this professional figure, what are their functions, the types of training available, etc. So that in this way you will be clear about what it means to BE A DOG TRAINER at a professional level.
A dog trainer is a professional whose purpose is the training or taming of animals, and in this case more specifically dogs, focusing on teaching certain behaviors, as well as re-education in the case of unwanted behaviors or behaviors. In general, being a canine trainer involves teaching the animal to obey certain basic commands to perform basic activities such as sitting, lying down, searching, walking, running or attacking. If you consider HOW TO BE a DOG TRAINER or what functions the training can perform, here are the main purposes for which dog training is carried out:
- Carry out the accompaniment to people with certain diminished faculties, as is the most common case of guide dogs, which help the people with reduced vision.
- Surveillance, protection and defense of persons or real property, mainly as a deterrent against robberies or assaults on private property.
- Participate in contests and exhibitions, whether of morphology, obedience, tracking, agility or work tests for useful dogs.
- To develop certain capacities that allow him to intervene in dangerous situations like search of explosives or the rescue of people, in the search and tracing of different substances, mainly of drugs, etc.
- To allow a pleasant coexistence in the domestic sphere through the correction of behaviors and deviations of unwanted behavior, as well as thanks to the teaching of simple actions.
If you want to know how to be a dog trainer, you should know that in general the different CANINE TRAINING techniques, procedures and methodologies are based on repeating certain actions in response to a given command voice. Each time the activity is performed correctly, the animal is rewarded thus reinforcing its behavior. Thanks to the repetition and the reward obtained, over time it would end up performing the activity naturally without needing to receive any kind of stimulus or reward in return. The following is a brief review of the different options to BE A CANINE TRAINER through the most common types of training:
- Canine obedience training. This type of training allows the animal to be taught certain behaviors aimed at improving coexistence. Thanks to this training the animal can learn, for example, to sit down when receiving an order, to walk next to his master at the same speed without having them “dragged” with the belt, etc.
- Canine defense training. If you are interested in learning how to be a canine trainer for rescue tasks, surveillance, etc. This is your alternative. In this case it is a training focused on the protection of homes or people in danger, finding people in catastrophes or tracking certain substances. It is the type of canine training used for police dogs, for canine intervention units in situations of natural catastrophes, etc.
- Sports canine training. The purpose of canine sports training is to teach the dog different activities and sporting events (usually jumps, races and stunts) with the aim of preparing him to participate in competitions and exhibitions of tests known as agility.
- Canine hunting training. This is the appropriate training for hunting dogs, based on learning techniques such as tracking, staying in a specific place or collecting their parts in a certain space.
- Canine training or behavioral therapies. If you are interested in being a canine caregiver to correct unwanted behaviors or behaviors in the dog, such as shyness, aggression, impulsivity, disorderly behavior, etc. This is your best alternative.